Honest Answers. Call Today

Unable to come in person because of the Coronavirus?
We offer full consultations by phone.

Despite what you may have been told, the court system has not shut down. They are modifying their procedures but we can still file new cases and move those cases through to a resolution. If you need help with a divorce or other family law matter we are still up and running and here to help you. TSLF was already a paperless law firm before Covid19 and we are completely prepared to handle your case by e-mail and telephone if you are unable to come into one of our offices. Have questions, call us right now and we can get you on the phone with an attorney to help. Visit our Covid-19 page for additional information.

Fathers Have Rights Worth Protecting

For many years, men felt like the legal system was biased against them when it came to divorce and other family law matters. In many cases — especially in issues regarding child custody — they were right. Today, however, the Georgia family law courts work hard to maintain a gender-neutral perspective. If you are a father in Greater Atlanta or any of the surrounding areas in Northern Georgia, you have equal rights under the law.

If you’re a dad who is going through a divorce, dealing with custody, child support, paternity or other family law issues, you need someone who will stand up for your rights. Count on The Siemon Law Firm. Call 770-888-5120 today and schedule a consultation with one of our experienced and compassionate fathers’ rights attorneys.

Protecting Fathers’ Rights in Issues of Paternity, Custody and Child Support

At The Siemon Law Firm, our lawyers have decades of combined experience representing Georgia fathers in matters of divorce, as well as serving the legal needs of unmarried fathers.

Whether your wife has already served papers to you, you are thinking about divorcing her or are unmarried but facing a legal dispute with your child’s mother, we are in a position to help. Our lawyers provide strong legal counsel and assertive advocacy to fathers in a range of family law matters such as:

  • Paternity and legitimation: If you are not married to your child’s mother, and wish to obtain custody/visitation rights, you may need to first file a legitimation petition to establish your parental status. Likewise, you may also need to prove paternity if you are defending against a request for child support for a child that is not yours.
  • Physical child custody: Unless a mother abuses or neglects the child, the courts will generally rule that it is in a child’s best interests to maintain a relationship with both parents. When deciding which party will receive primary custody, however, the courts tend to favor the primary caregiver, regardless of gender. If you have been responsible for helping nurture and raise your child, the courts will take that into account.
  • Visitation : If you are not seeking primary physical custody, our attorneys can still help ensure you receive a fair visitation schedule and parenting plan.
  • Legal custody: Legal custody grants parents the right to make important life decisions on behalf of their children, including those surrounding education, medical care and religious practices.
  • Child support: The amount of child support you will either be required to pay or entitled to receive will depend upon a variety of factors. These include both parties’ incomes and the number of overnight visits the child has with each of you. If you and your wife earn approximately the same amount and custody is 50-50, you may not have to pay any support at all.
  • Modifications: We can help protect your financial and parental rights in the event you need to bring or defend against a modification request for child custody or child support due to job loss, parental relocation or any other significant change in circumstances.

Consult Our Fathers’ Rights Lawyers Today

Our Atlanta law firm is skilled in presenting the right evidence and arguments to defend fathers’ rights and promote their goals. Call The Siemon Law Firm at 770-888-5120 or contact us online to learn more.