Georgia Child Support Lawyers Helping With Delinquent Support

If your ex is not paying court-ordered child support in Georgia, there are legal steps you can take to obtain the payments you need and deserve. The Siemon Law Firm can take action on your behalf. With offices in Alpharetta and Cumming, we represent parents throughout Northern Georgia.

All Georgia families have access to the state Division of Child Support Services (DCSS) to enforce a parent’s responsibility to pay child support. The DCSS also provides help with establishing paternity when the parents are not married and in locating nonpaying parents. It does not charge for its services.

You can also hire a private law firm such as ours to assist you in collecting past-due child support. Our attorneys provide more time to our clients and can act faster than a large government agency.

If you have questions about child support enforcement in Georgia, The Siemon Law Firm can help. Call 770-888-5120 now to schedule a consultation with one of our family lawyers. We are conveniently located with offices in Alpharetta, Atlanta and Cumming, GA.

How Can I Obtain Past-Due Child Support?

If your ex-spouse has not been fulfilling their obligations, our child support lawyers can get a judgment for the amount that he or she is in arrears. With a court judgment, our attorneys can garnish the wages of the nonpaying parent.

If your spouse is knowingly and willfully not paying child support, our lawyers can also help you file a contempt action with the family law court. If the nonpaying parent is guilty of contempt, he or she can be jailed if he or she does not comply. However, if the payer does not have the money to comply with the court order, he or she would not be guilty of contempt.

Contact Our Georgia Child Support Attorneys Today

Whether you are planning for a divorce or you need to respond to a divorce filing by your spouse, our lawyers are here to advise you. Please contact us today and arrange a personal, discreet consultation.