Dividing Assets And Debts In Divorce And Separation
Cobb County, Georgia, is consistently ranked among the top 10 highest income counties in Georgia. One unfortunate result of this prosperity is the complication it causes in divorces and separations. High-asset divorces are not just like common divorces with more money involved; there are usually significant complications that arise from diversified assets, various retirement accounts and investments.
The legal team at The Siemon Law Firm has the knowledge and experience to handle complicated property division matters. Although we also take on simple, uncontested cases as well, our lawyers have unique knowledge and skill when it comes to handling complex division of assets. Our attorneys represent clients in asset and debt division in Marietta and throughout Cobb County, Georgia.
Handling All Types Of Complex Asset Division Matters
Our lawyers can help you with:
- Division of 401(k) plans and other retirement plans: Any types of retirement plan can prove challenging when it comes to properly valuating and dividing the assets. We handle 401(k)s and other retirement plans, including the uniquely complicated teacher retirement plans.
- Qualified domestic relations orders (QDROs): Our lawyers understand the legal intricacies involved in QDROs, and we can help you understand your rights.
- Debt: Just like retirement plans and assets, debt can be complicated to divide in a divorce. It is challenging to determine how much of the debt is marital and how much is shared. Our attorneys know how to obtain this information and provide accurate assessments for the division of debts.
- Homes: It is always important to determine whether one or both of the parties want to retain the family residence after the divorce. The outcome of this aspect of asset division will likely have a strong impact on the child support and spousal support determinations.
- Complex asset division problems: Our lawyers can handle valuation and division of complex real property holdings, international assets, retirement plans, unique and valuable items, and other complicated assets.
Whatever complications you encounter in your divorce or separation, we can he lp you protect your rights.
Contact The Siemon Law Firm For A Consultation
Our attorneys provide the highest quality legal service and personalized attention. Call us at 770-888-5120 or email us to learn more.