Atlanta Divorce Lawyers
If you have a legal issue that involves your family, it is natural to be confused, nervous or frustrated. The law is complicated, which is why professional legal advice is crucial.
At The Siemon Law Firm, we are a team first. From our Atlanta office, we help families throughout Fulton County make the best decisions possible for themselves and their loved ones. Our lawyers work hard to provide a full range of family law services to our clients using new technology and drawing from their considerable experience. Our team puts our clients’ needs first, and they feel the benefits of that full-scale attention.
How Can An Atlanta Divorce Attorney Help Me?
The vast majority of divorces will require you to have a divorce lawyer to represent you during the proceedings. Even if you and your spouse agree to a mediated divorce, you will need a divorce attorney on your side to negotiate on your behalf and ensure you are treated fairly.
We can help you through your divorce. Our attorneys will be able to help you with every step of the divorce process, from representing you in court to negotiating assets and child custody or support arrangements. We take a holistic approach to our cases, handling all manner of family law issues that you may face, such as:
- Family Law: Our firm can assist you with a variety of family law issues. Our attorneys are prepared to protect you throughout life’s challenges, especially when your family is involved.
- Divorce: Whether your case involves litigation, mediation or negotiation, we can help ensure that the results of your divorce and the asset division process are fair.
- Child Custody And Support: Court orders involving children are important for the child and parents alike. Our attorneys advocate for the rights of parents as well as the relationship they have with their children. Let us guide you through child custody determination, enforcement, modifications and more.
- Property Division: We understand that property and asset division must be fair to you. Your financial security following the divorce might be at stake, and we help you understand what to expect.
- Adoption: If you are ready to add a member to your family or formalize your relationship with a child, we can assist you with the adoption process.
- Mediation: Our legal team utilizes our experience to bring a focused, collaborative approach to all types of divorce and family law matters in Atlanta.
- LGBTQ+ Family Law: We also proudly serve LGBTQ+ clients with mediation or traditional divorce litigation, as well as with a wide variety of other family law issues.
No matter the type of problem you are facing, our team is ready to help you. You can have confidence that your case is in good hands with The Siemon Law Firm.
What Are The Grounds For Divorce In Atlanta?
There are many grounds for divorce in Atlanta, over a dozen in fact. The most common grounds include adultery, pregnancy by infidelity, desertion or an irretrievably broken marriage. However, there can be other, less common grounds for divorce, such as regular intoxication, drug addiction, incurable mental illness, impotency, cruel treatment, mental incompetence at the time of the marriage, conviction of a crime resulting in two or more years of incarceration and incestuous marriage.
When you come and speak with us, we can help you figure out what your options are for your divorce and you can decide the path which you wish to pursue.
Assisting You With A Georgia-Based Divorce
With our lawyers’ broad and deep foundation of knowledge, they advise you at every step of dissolving your marriage. You will receive the answers you need to any questions you have, including the following:
What are the methods of divorce?
You can consider the following options for your divorce:
- Traditional divorce: Spouses appear in court before a judge, who issues a final, binding decision on asset division, maintenance and more.
- Divorce mediation: A neutral mediator sits down with the couple to help them reach mutually satisfactory agreements.
- Pretrial negotiation: The individuals work together privately to find solutions to the major issues in their divorce. This is also called collaborative divorce.
The method you choose depends on your relationship with your former spouse and whether the two of you agree on major issues such as asset division.
How does Georgia divide property?
If spouses do not reach a settlement privately, a family law judge will issue a court order. Judges consider a variety of factors before issuing an asset division arrangement. These include:
- The length of the marriage
- Each spouse’s contribution to the marriage
- Each spouse’s premarital assets
- Whether one spouse supported the other while the other pursued an advanced degree
- The earning potential of each spouse
Georgia is an equitable division state, so the asset division order does not necessarily need to be 50-50; it just needs to be fair. In asset division, as in every other aspect of divorce, you can expect our divorce lawyers to advocate tenaciously for your best interests.
How long will my divorce take in Atlanta?
There is no simple answer to this question. An uncontested divorce can take a few weeks to finalize. A contested divorce, however, can take months. In complex cases, divorce can stretch on for one or more years. We strive to keep the process as fast and efficient as possible. When you sit down with one of our team members, we can give you a better idea of what to expect and how long your divorce may take.
Talk To Us About Your Case
Our clients consider ours to be dependable, thoughtful attorneys. They will listen to your problems and help you come up with a workable, thoughtful solution. They will advocate for the outcome you want and take on the stress of your case so that you can focus on what matters most. Call us in Atlanta at 770-888-5120 or email us to schedule a consultation.
Our Atlanta office is centralized in the North Buckhead area. Located on Peachtree Road NE, you can find us just off T. Harvey Mathis Parkway and across from Lenox Square. Parking is conveniently available in the building and Marta stops are also located nearby.
The Siemon Law Firm is located on 3400 Peachtree Road NE Suite 555, Atlanta, GA. From Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, head west on Terminal Parkway before turning right onto Crosswind Rd. Merge onto I-85 N using the left two lanes. Continue on I-85 N for 11.3 miles before taking left-hand exit 251B for I-85 N toward GA-400/Greenville. Next, take exit 87 onto GA-400 N toward Buckhead/Cumming. Take exit 2 toward GA-141 E and merge onto Connector State Rd 141/Lenox Rd NE. Use the right three lanes before turning right onto Peachtree Rd. The destination will be on your right.
We are open Monday-Friday from 8:30AM to 9PM, Saturday from 9AM to 9PM.
For additional questions, you can call us at 770-888-5078.
Nearby Courts And Government Offices
Fulton Superior Court Clerk
136 Pryor St SW, Atlanta, GA 30303
Superior Court of Fulton County Family Division
136 Pryor Street, S.W., 8th Floor, Suite C-826, Atlanta, Georgia 30303
Where To Eat And What To See Near Our Atlanta Divorce Law Office
If you’re looking for a bite to eat before or after your appointment with our family law attorneys, there are many options within walking distance of our offices.
Dantanna’s Surf, Turf & Turf
An upscale Atlanta sports restaurant in Buckhead. Located at 3400 Around Lenox Rd #304, Atlanta, GA 30326.
The Palm Atlanta
Located in The Westin Buckhead Atlanta, The Palm offers high-end steak, seafood, and cocktails. Located at 3391 Peachtree Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30326.
Located in the W Hotel, this gastropub offers shareable plates and hand-crafted cocktails. Located at 3377 Peachtree Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30326.
Highland Bakery & Kitchen
Located in the Atlanta Financial Center, this Highland Bakery offers Southern comfort food for early morning breakfast, brunch, and lunch. Located at 3343 Peachtree Rd NE #130, Atlanta, GA 30326.
Enjoy a lunch or dinner of handmade pasta, sandwiches, salads, or oysters paired with craft cocktails. Located at 3400 Around Lenox Rd #217, Atlanta, GA 30326.
Things To Do
LEGOLAND Discovery Center Atlanta
With twelve different attractions in one location, LEGOLAND Discovery Center offers fun for all ages. Located at 3500 Peachtree Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30326.
Atlanta History Center
Founded in 1926 by the Atlanta Historical Society, this history museum and research center is a must-see. Located at 130 West Paces Ferry Rd NW, Atlanta, GA 30305.
Blue Heron Nature Preserve
Visit this haven for nature in an urban environment. Located at 4055 Roswell Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30342.
The Siemon Law Firm
3400 Peachtree Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30326
Client Review: 5/5 ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
“The Siemon Law Firm were absolutely amazing to work with. Divorce is something that can be extremely difficult, but they made it as easy as they possibly could have. If you need Atlanta divorce attorney with both experience and professionalism, look no further!”