Divorce is daunting enough for people who are not in the public eye. For a celebrity, the divorce process can be especially painful.
At The Siemon Law Firm, our attorneys often represent high-asset and high-profile clients who divorce in the Atlanta metropolitan area. We pride ourselves on protecting our clients' privacy while strategically safeguarding their personal and financial interests. From the initial, confidential consultation until the divorce is finalized, we diligently strive to shield our clients from unwarranted media coverage.
Our divorce attorneys possess significant legal experience, skill at the negotiating table and the ability to be a tenacious advocate in court when necessary. Over the years, our firm has represented many local and national celebrities, including professional athletes and other high-profile individuals.
Considerations When A Celebrity Divorces
- Fault grounds: Georgia is a fault divorce state. This means that you and your spouse will need to select a fault ground. Our lawyers can advise you about the possible repercussions of each of the fault grounds.
- Marital property division: Unless you have a prenuptial agreement, assets accumulated during your marriage will be divided equitably between you and your spouse. However, equitable does not necessarily mean equally. Learn more about protecting assets in divorce.
- Alimony: When one spouse has higher earnings than the other, Georgia courts can order alimony to maintain the standard of living of the spouse with lower earnings while moving toward self-sufficiency. Since there are no guidelines for determining the amount of alimony or how long it should continue, the skill of your attorney is key to protecting your interests.
- Child custody and visitation: As much as possible, our goal is to protect the best interests of your children by resolving parenting time through confidential negotiations rather than a public courtroom.
- Child support: Child support obligations are calculated differently for those with high incomes. Often the most contentious issue in determining income for those who are self-employed and use asset protection schemes.
For More Information About Celebrity Divorce In Georgia
For a confidential consultation, call The Siemon Law Firm at 770-884-7067. From our offices in Atlanta, Cumming and Alpharetta, we serve clients throughout northern Georgia.